Thursday, August 20, 2009

In Memory of Jasper Jons: ? - August 19, 2009

Jasper came with our house/farm when we moved here 9 years ago. He was the "barn cat" with no name. We promptly dubbed him, Jasper Jons. He seemed thrilled to have a name, and to be considered part of a family. He never came inside the house, he was a true outdoor cat -- that's where he was happiest. He hung out with my boys and their friends in the barn and brought mice and moles to them up in the hayloft. He really was a true ROLE MODEL. Things I've learned from Jasper:

1. savor the moment.
2. we've got everything we need to be happy, inside ourselves.
3. Have no fear.
4. TAKE THE TIME to appreciate the simple things (sunshine, a cool breeze, a gentle shower, a downpour, dusk, dawn, spring, summer, fall, winter) 5. Love, forgive, and love some more.

Jasper Jons passed away yesterday, and though my heart hurts and I miss him deeply, I will carry these lessons I've learned from him with me, always.

I will always love you Jasper, thanks for everything you've contributed to our family.






2 comments:

Amanda said...

What a sweet looking boy! Love the squinty eyes, reminds me of our old gal. It is so hard to lose a family member of the furry variety. =( I don't even want to think about when our current crew will enter those final stages. ={ Peace to you, sounds like Jasper Jons had a great life with your family.

Can't remember how I found your blog, probably through some other blog or site related to pitties. ;) Love your photography!

Lisa Tatsuko said...

Hey Amanda,

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your leaving a comment.

Jasper was an amazing cat, and yes, it's soooo hard to lose a family member, OMG.

Hope you stick around for happier posts!

* Lisa

 
EatonWeb Blog Directory