Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Photography as Practice....

Sometimes I get so caught up in my business that I forget to stop and notice the beauty I'm surrounded by. My camera is the vehicle that slows me down... that brings me into the present moment, to really appreciate the little things about my life here I am so grateful for. I guess you could call it my "practice."

We're entering my absolute favorite time of the year. The humidity is lifting, and the earthy colors of autumn are slowly starting to reveal themselves.




The chicks we got this spring have grown into gorgeous adults, we've got Light Brahmas, Dark Brahmas and Aurocana's. I think one or two of the 25 hens might have just started laying eggs, and hopefully within the month, we'll have a good supply again so I can start bartering with my potter friends again! :-)




As always, if you'd like to see an image in its full size, just double click on it.

Cheers!
*Lisa

No comments:

 
EatonWeb Blog Directory