Sunday, June 14, 2009

Mickey's Mile Pics

I had a great time at Mickey's Mile! I'm still learning about events... but this is one that I would highly recommend and will definitely return to next year! When I first spoke with Camille on the phone, she brought tears to my eyes, and, gave me goosebumps. She lost her soul dog Mickey to a rare form of cancer 5 years ago, and turned her grief around and started this walk to raise funds for Canine Cancer research. The event has grown significantly each year, and everyone I met could not say enough good things about it. There were many vendors, a steel drum band, food, demonstrations, raffles, and of course, the walk with all the dogs. There were all sorts of dogs too... dressed up, au natural, dogs with cancer, humans with cancer, it was really a moving event in many ways and I feel honored to have been invited.
(please double click images to see in full size!)









No comments:

 
EatonWeb Blog Directory